According to the Kenya Media Landscape Report, Kenya, a 580,367 km² country with at least 42 different ethnic groups has approximately 100 radios plus more than 66 TV stations. But did you know that most of these media houses are owned by rich political bigwigs? Here is a summarized list of the most popular TV and Radio companies and the politicians behind each of them.
- Media Max LTD –which is a series of TV and radio stations including Meru FM, Kameme FM, Emoo FM, People Daily Newspaper, K24 TV, Mayian FM, and Milele FM among other belongs to the family of Jomo Kenyatta.
- Inooro TV, Citizen TV, and 14 radio stations including Ramogi FM and Citizen FM is owned by the political commentator S.K Macharia.
- Nam Lolwe Radio and Nam Lolwe TV Network are the properties of the Neural Digital Broadcaster Limited, which is closely linked to the former MP Jakoyo Midiwo. However, a source suggests that Lolwe is currently owned by Troy Onyango –a Kenyan writer and editor.
- Mbaitu FM and Syokimau FM are collectively owned by the Kitui governor Charity Ngilu
- Radio Salaam (where Rashid Abdallah and his Lulu Hassan – the Citizen TV power couple first met and loved one another) and Frontier Radio are owned by the Senator Yusuf Haji of Garissa
- Baite TV is reportedly a property of Kawira Mwangaza –the meru county women rep.
- Radio Rahma is owned by Mvita MP Abdulswamad Shariff Nassir
- Mururi FM is owned by John Mututho who is ex-Nacada Chairman.
- Kaya FM belongs to Chirau Ali Makwere – former Foreign Affairs Minister and immediate High Commissioner to Tanzania
- Zipporah Kittony’s son Kiprono Kittony is claims co-ownership of the Radio Africa Group, which comprise Kiss TV, The Star Newspaper, Classic 105, Kiss 100 and other 4 radio stations.
- The chairperson of Ghetto Radio Foundation which is the owner of the popular Ghetto Radio is Laikipia County’s first lady Maria Mbeneka.
- Iganjo FM and Mt. Kenya TV are owned by Kirinyaga Woman Rep, Purity Ngirici .
- Selecting a site for a new poultry farm May 3, 2022
- How much does it cost to start a poultry farming business? May 2, 2022
- How to start a poultry farming business –a beginner’s guide to successful poultry farming April 19, 2022
- Youth Enterprise Development Fund to transform your agribusiness February 15, 2022